Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I'm back and she's back!

In case you haven't read any of my previous posts, the "she" is Maureen Dowd, the supposed political columnist for the New York Times--and supposedly with a leftist viewpoint.  Hah!

Dowd has returned to her Marilyn and Clint Eastwood type columns with her latest offering on the president of France's companion.  Why do we, or would we, want to know if ValĂ©rie Trierweiler is catty or arrogant, or trying too hard to overcome her reputation for meanness?  Has the New York Times become a surrogate for Entertainment Weekly?  I keep asking but without answer as to when the Times will drop Dowd and get itself an actual political columnist?

Perhaps I'm just crabby because I'm on the Dukan diet, starting today, with no more Venetian Spritz's for at least a week.  What women will do to lose ten pounds!

When in Venice I had a few every day:  three or four ice cubes, one third prosecco, one third Aperol, and one third club soda, with a orange or lemon slice.  In Venice 2.50 euros; in New York $17.00.  And to think people say Venice is expensive--must be someone who's never visited New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment