Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Wrinkled yes, but not fully sure that I'm a feminist.  I do like the definition provided by Rebecca West, so I'll settle there until something better comes along. The purpose of this blog is many, to discuss aging women and the trials that are directed our way simply because we are women (at times I may even  acknowledge that aging men also have issues). I have always been interested in politics so comments, perhaps even essays, on politics, will be one of this blog's many purposes.  The life of women of all ages will also intrude.  After all, we start off somewhere and where we start frequently dictates where we end. More than anything this blog is about me.  No matter how hard we strive to be open and accepting of other viewpoints, we are sealed forever in our own cocoons.  I've always believed that we read biography and fiction because we want, rather hopelessly I think, to force our way into the cocoons of others.  In simplest terms, this blog is about everything and anything but it's mainly about me, the wrinkled feminist.

This is not my first blog.  A decade ago I started a blog called "Looking for Trouble," dedicated mainly to politics, with a very definite left-wing slant. I hope that doesn't drive you away if you are to the right.  I will try, not with total success I'm sure, to leave my prejudices and sarcasm at the blog's front door and to express my opinions and their underlying premise in reasoned, non-offensive language.  You can always disagree in the "comments" section.

Can one plagiarize from oneself.  I hope not as I may recycle some of my previous thoughts. The elections are upon us with a mere eighteen months until the polls open and if there's one piece of advice that I want to pass on, it's something Chris Hayes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment